Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Jordan
Do you have a Fresh Fruits & Vegetables business in Jordan? Are you interested in exporting to different international markets? If you are, CBI’s Fresh Fruits & Vegetables Jordan project offers you good opportunities:
- Find out which opportunities there are for your company on the European, the Russian, the Gulf and the Southeast Asian markets;
- Learn more about requirements, legislation and certification;
- Learn everything you need to know to be a successful exporter;
- Get support and assistance from our sector expert;
- Exhibit at a leading international trade fairs
The programme began in 2018 and will end in 2022. Before starting the programme we researched this sector. The fresh fruits and vegetables industry is booming. Healthy and convenient living trends are boosting the consumption of fruit and vegetables and exotic fruits and vegetables are becoming more and more popular. Jordan has and will continue to have competitive advantages as a supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, in particular because of the unique production in the Jordan Valley in the (European and Central Asian) wintertime. This creates great opportunities for producers of fresh fruits & vegetables in the European winters.
The goal of our project is to help Jordan’s strong horticulture sector do more business on international markets. The sector offers a lot of different products with good opportunities for export to Europe, Russia, Southeast Asia and the Gulf, for example dates, fresh herbs, strawberries, stone fruits, and high-end vegetables.
What can you expect from a CBI project?
- 4 year company + sector coaching by different international and local sector specialists
- Training on:
- Business Development
- Export Capacity Building
- Assistance with an international and European Market Strategy/Product Market Combination Strategy
- Assistance in what certification is suitable to your market entry strategy and coaching to obtain the certification you need
- Assistance with CSR implementation
- Participation in different international trade fairs
- An Export Marketing Mission to the European market
- Market Testing
- Training on Market Consolidation after the trade fairs and export marketing mission
What do we expect from our participants?
- A pro-active and flexible attitude
- Commitment to the activities and external coaching for 4 years
- Commitment and sufficient time investment to the tailor made action plan for your company
- Ambition and motivation to take the next step with your company
- Willingness and ability to invest in your company and in international market entry, both in terms of staff allocation and in necessary adaptations of your products, production and export marketing.
This concerns, among others, part of the costs of the trade fair participation which are not covered by CBI and its partners like cost of traveling, lodging, sending samples etc). More detailed estimation of investment required will be discussed with the company during the company assessment/selection phase since this is company specific.
20 companies have already applied to join our business export coaching track. You can apply now too!
Who can apply?
Sector: Fresh Fruits & Vegetables
Eligible products: All types of Fresh Fruits, Fresh Vegetables & Dates
Company requirements: You can apply for this programme if your company meets these requirements:
- At least 51% locally owned
- 25 to 500 employees
- No joint venture with a company based in a country with a classification of UMIC or higher
- Compliance or the willingness to comply with EU market requirements
- No licensing commitments that prohibit or limit export possibilities of products to the EU
- Competitive prices and sufficient production capacity
- Management which is able to communicate in English
- Willingness and capacity to invest in adaptations of, for instance, product assortment and production processes, if and as required by the European Market
Our main partners in this programme are:
- The Jordan Exporters and Producers Association for Fruit and Vegetables (JEPA) is a non-profit sector organization. It is JEPA’s mission to improve competitiveness of Jordanian Horticultural fresh produce in the domestic and international commerce through providing high quality of technical and information services and enhancing business-wise dealing between all stakeholders in the horticultural sector.
- The Ministry of Agriculture of Jordan is the key organisation for agriculture in the Jordanian government. Two of its units directly work with the farmers on the ground and one unit is specifically dedicated to marketing for agriculture.
- EcoConsult is established in Jordan in 1995 and is a leading development firm with over 20 years of experience working in Jordan and the Middle East. We work with governments, the public sector, businesses, civil society, and international development agencies in designing and delivering development programs.
We work with these and also with other potential organisations to strengthen the export companies. We assist them to get more and better knowledge of the international fruits & vegetable markets. Together we are also working on sector branding. This will aid the Jordan Fresh Fruits & Vegetables sector become more well-known on the international markets.