CBI is starting a new 4-year tourism project in the Kingdom of Jordan. This project aims to make the industry more resilient and to increase and improve access to the European markets.
With this project, CBI wants to contribute to sustainable improvements and changes in the sector. CBI will thus support the creation of a durable service delivery system. With this system, local market actors can develop and provide services that Jordan tour operators and other local stakeholders use. This project provides sustainable support via technical support only. Together with the private sector, CBI will carry out activities to create systemic change.
What can you expect from this CBI project?
This project is for SMEs in the tourism sector in the Kingdom of Jordan. CBI offers technical assistance through a practical Business Export Coaching project. CBI helps your company or cooperative develop the skills and knowledge you need to be successful in the tourism sector. The project includes:
- Multiple-year one-on-one coaching for you and your staff. Highly-qualified CBI experts provide coaching. This is aimed at your specific needs;
- Support to help you establish a network of partners in promising markets. For example, promotion agencies and matchmakers;
- Training courses about specific subjects, such as Market System Development, certification and developing a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plan.
What does CBI expect from you?
CBI is looking for ambitious and highly motivated inbound tour operators that:
- Are 50% or more locally owned or have a local management structure;
- Are SMEs (at least 5 FTEs and maximum of 50 FTEs);
- Already do business with European markets or want to enter the European market;
- Have been active in the tour operating industry for at least 3 to 4 years;
- Are committed to developing and carrying out an Export Marketing Plan (EMP);
- Are interested in expanding community-based tourism offerings;
- Are committed to CSR and sustainability;
- Are fully committed to the project and the activities;
- Will take part with the right people in all CBI visits, workshops and training sessions;
- Are eager to actively learn about the subjects discussed during individual support, workshops and training sessions.
- The Jordan Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities;
- Jordan Tourism Board;
- Jordan Society of Tourist and Travel Agents;
- Jordan Inbound Tour Operators Association;
- International donor organisations: GIZ, USAID and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
The deadline to complete the application form was 15 July 2021.
We will contact you in September if we select your company for the next phase in the application process. In the next phase, our sector expert will audit your company.