From the enchanting coastline to the majestic tombs at Petra, Jordan has much to offer its visitors. The tourism industry has become more and more important in Jordan and 2019 was a peak year. Still, the tourism sector was also hit by the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In 2021, the Centre for the Promotion of Imports from developing countries (CBI) started the Tourism Jordan project. The goal was to help the Jordan tourism sector benefit from the revival of international tourism. This project aims to strengthen Jordan's range of diverse and sustainable tourism products. Also, we help small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to build a strong network in the European markets and effectively market tourism products.
- Help the Jordanian travel industry become more resilient and durable. This includes:
- Offering sustainable and diverse tourism products;
- Improving environmental and social consciousness in the sector;
- Provide technical assistance to help tour operators attract travellers from diverse markets and market segments. This includes travellers who spend more, stay longer, visit throughout the year, and value sustainability;
- Help sector stakeholders develop a shared vision on sustainable tourism development;
- Help local service providers to improve their services to meet the needs of the tourism industry.
Project participants and products
A total of 9 tour operators are taking part in this export coaching project.
Company name and website
Contact CBI to find out more about these tour operators.
Partners and sector organisations
- Jordan Tourism Board (JTB);
- Jordan Inbound Tour Operators Association (JITOA);
- Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority (ASEZA);
- Royal Society for the Conversation of Nature (RSCN);
- The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Jordan.
- Individual coaching by CBI’s sector experts;
- Help with establishing a partner network in promising markets. For example, through matchmaking events and collaboration with promotion agencies;
- Training sessions on subjects, such as market system development (MSD), certification, and developing a corporate social responsibility (CSR) plan.
Get involved as an importer
Are you a European importer interested in tourism services from companies in Jordan? Contact CBI to get more information or to meet with suppliers in this project being trained to export to Europe.