Which trends offers opportunities or pose threats on the European apparel market?
Multiple trends influence the European apparel market. The main trend currently is sustainability, connected with corporate social responsibility and transparency. The second major current trend is the influence of technology on production processes, sales and the relationships between buyers, suppliers and consumers. Although some trends pose threats, others if properly explored could generate big opportunities for developing country exporters.
Content of this study
- Sustainability is becoming a standard
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) gains importance
- The apparel industry is increasingly driven by technology
- The potential of senior customers is recognised
- The power of social media is unstoppable
- Activewear outfits are becoming the new norm on a day out 6
- The industry is being challenged by the COVID 19 crisis.