Processed Mango Export West Africa
* Application deadline: 1st of August 2020
Do you have a mango processing business in Burkina Faso, Mali or Ivory Coast? Are you interested in improving your market position in the European Union (EU)? The Netherlands Centre for the Promotion of Imports from developing countries (CBI) can help you. Our Business Export Coaching programmes have already guided many exporting organisations towards successful business relations with European clients. If you are interested in an improved market position in the EU, CBI’s Processed Mango project offers you good opportunities:
- Find out which opportunities there are for your company in European markets;
- Learn more about European requirements, legislation and certification;
- Learn everything you need to know to be a successful exporter;
- Get support and help from our sector experts;
- Exhibit at leading European trade fairs such as SIAL and Biofach.
Download the application form
(Application deadline: 1 August 2020)
Please complete the form, sign it and scan it. Please send the completed document to email@example.com.
The processed mango project will take place in Burkina Faso, Mali and Ivory Coast. All three countries already have a substantial amount of export of processed mangoes. But they also show the potential for growth. The project aims to maintain the current EU market share and increase the export of processed mangoes, especially dried mangoes, to the EU.
Actions will be centred around 4 pathways:
- The professionalisation of technical support at Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise (SME) Mango Processing Companies. This can be done via technical training and coaching to enhance the production capacity, among other things.
- The professionalisation of SME Mango Processing Companies' business support via training on formulating a sound business strategy and investment planning or coaching on getting the supply chain certified (HACCP).
- Strengthening the Export Enabling Environment (EEE) in the three target countries
- Increasing EU Market connections.
The project will start in August 2020 and will end in 2024.
What can you expect from this CBI project?
CBI offers technical help through a practical Business Export Coaching programme. This is designed for aspiring and exporting SMEs in the processed mango sector from Burkina Faso, Mali and Ivory Coast. CBI prepares your company with the skills and knowledge you need to enter into the mid and mid-high end segments of the European market by providing you with:
- One-on-one multiple-year coaching for you and your staff on doing business in the European market. This is aimed at your specific needs and given by highly qualified CBI experts;
- Training courses about specific subjects, such as Market Access Requirements, certification and developing a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plan;
- Participation in the one-week Market Orientation Mission to Europe (EXPRO);
- Help with developing your Export Marketing Plan;
- Help with what certification is suitable for your market entry strategy and coaching to get the certification you need;
- Help with implementation of your CSR Action Plan;
- Participation in and guidance in preparing for leading international trade fairs or other market entry activities, such as international buyers’ missions;
- Training on Market Consolidation after the trade fairs and export marketing mission.
What do we expect from our participants?
CBI is looking for ambitious and highly motivated SMEs that are:
- Pro-active with a flexible attitude;
- Fully committed to the activities and external coaching throughout the programme;
- Willing to pay for costs related to activities, such as part of the costs for trade fair participation and sustainability activities. CBI and its partners do not cover costs for travelling, accommodation or sending in samples;
- Willing to participate with dedicated and qualified people in all CBI visits, workshops and training sessions. Please note that all activities will be in English;
- Eager to actively pursue knowledge on the subjects discussed during the individual support meetings, workshops and training sessions;
- Willing to invest time into the tailor-made action plan for your company;
- Willing to inform CBI about the company’s progress on export and sustainability. CBI will treat the provided information as confidential;
- Committed to investing in the necessary adaptations to become successful in the European market and increase overall sustainability. Adaptations may include product assortment, production processes and staff allocation;
- Willing to provide CBI and its partners with the company’s name, logo and achievements for promotion of the programme.
All the above agreements will be part of a commitment letter between CBI and your company or cooperative.
Who can apply?
Country: Burkina Faso, Mali and Ivory Coast
Sector: Processed Mangoes
Eligible products: Dried Mango, juices, jams, purees and frozen mango. Other processed mango products are also eligible. Drying of other fruit types besides mangoes could lead to an advantage in the selection.
The project is designed for ambitious and aspiring mango processing companies from Burkina Faso, Mali and Ivory Coast. These companies are eager to expand their export activities to the European market.
Company requirements: You can apply for this project if your company meets these requirements:
- Type of company
- Mango processing companies
- Cooperatives or producer associations with a mango processing entity;
- Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs): 25 - 500 employees
This includes seasonal workers. Exceptions can be made in view of the proportions permanent and seasonal employees and will be looked at on a case-by-case basis;
- At least 51% of the company is locally owned;
- No joint venture with a company based in a country with a classification of LMIC or higher;
- Compliance or the willingness to follow EU market requirements;
- No licensing commitments that prohibit or limit export possibilities of products to the EU;
- Competitive prices and enough production capacity;
- Management that is able to communicate in English;
- Willingness and capacity to invest in adaptations if and as required by the European market. Adaptations may include product assortment and production processes;
- You have not participated in a CBI export coaching project before;
Participants will be selected by CBI experts based on an evaluation of the above criteria. CBI will consult with partner organisations in each country.
Most costs will be financed by CBI. The following costs are for participants:
- Flights and other travel expenses for European trade show activities. Please note that the Market Orientation Mission will be fully financed by CBI;
- Domestic travel expenses for training outside your city of residence;
- There is no participation fee.
You can apply by filling in the application form. The deadline is 1st of August 2020. For questions and more information on the application process please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more