This project is designed for ambitious and aspiring garment manufactures from Jordan who are eager to expand their export activities in the European market, CBI’s Jordan Apparel programme offers you good opportunities.
- Find out which opportunities there are for your company on the European markets;
- Learn more about European requirements, legislation and certification;
- Learn everything you need to know to be a (more) successful exporter;
- Get support and assistance from our sector experts;
- Exhibit at leading European trade fairs like Apparel Sourcing and/or The Sourcing Connection in Paris
Please send the completed application form including your attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org Refer to subject: Jordan Apparel
The programme starts in March 2019 and will end in 2023. Before starting the programme we researched the value chain. The European market for sportswear and Islamic wear offers great opportunities for garment manufacturers from Jordan. An increasing number of European consumers is looking for new sourcing opportunities, and Jordan has an impressive export experience towards the United States. Looking at the product offer in the apparel sector, the high quality level and favourable CSR conditions, there is a lot of opportunity in promoting Jordan as a new destination for the fashion industry in Europe.
What can you expect from a CBI project?
CBI offers (aspiring) exporting SMEs and garment manufacturers from Jordan technical assistance through a practical Business Export Coaching project. CBI prepares your company with the skills and knowledge you need to enter into the European market.
- One-on-one multiple year coaching for you and your staff on doing business in the European market, aimed at your specific needs, by highly qualified CBI experts;
- Training courses about specific subjects, such as Market Access Requirements, certification and developing a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plan;
- Participation in the one-week, fully-financed Market Orientation Mission to Europe (EXPRO);
- Assistance with developing your Export Marketing Plan;
- Assistance in what certification is suitable to your market entry strategy and coaching to obtain the certification you need;
- Assistance with implementation of your CSR Action Plan;
- Participation in and guidance in preparation for leading international trade fairs or other market entry activities, such as international buyers’ missions.
What do we expect from our participants?
CBI is looking for ambitious and highly motivated SMEs and cooperatives that are:
- Fully committed to the project and the activities;
- Participating with the right person(s) in all CBI visits, workshops and trainings;
- Showing eagerness to actively pursue knowledge on the subjects discussed during the individual support, workshops and trainings;
- Demonstrating willingness to inform CBI about the company’s export and sustainability progress;
- Committing to invest, also in terms of staff allocation, in necessary adaptations to become successful on the European market and increasing sustainability, and paying costs related to the market entry and sustainability activities;
- Allowing CBI and its partners to use the company’s name, logo and achievements for promotion of the project.
All these agreements will be part of a commitment letter between CBI and your company.
Who can apply?
Country: Jordan Sector: Apparel Eligible products: Islamic wear & sportswear
This project is designed for ambitious (aspiring) garment manufactures from Jordan who are eager to expand their export activities in the European market and that fit the following profile:
- Offer products that fall within one of the following categories: - Islamic wear - Sportswear
- are SMEs with up to 500 employees *
- are at least 51% Jordan ownership *
- No joint venture with a company based in a country with a classification of LMIC or higher
- Compliance or the willingness to comply with EU market requirements
- No licensing commitments that prohibit or limit export possibilities of products to the EU
- Competitive prices and sufficient production capacity
- Management which is able to communicate in English
- Willingness and capacity to invest in adaptations of, for instance, product assortment and production processes, if and as required by the European Market
- are not involved in the production or trade of illicit products or subject to (gradual) prohibition according to national laws and regulations and / or international conventions, in cross-border trade in waste (unless this trade complies with the Basel Convention), in the destruction of areas of high conservation value, in the trade of radioactive materials, in activities of pornography and / or prostitution, racist or anti-democratic media, or being involved in a substantial way (> 10%) of its operations) in the production or trade of alcoholic beverages (less beer and wine), tobacco, weapons and ammunition, or gambling
- have no licensing commitments that prohibit or limit export possibilities of products to the European market.
Selection of participants will take place based on evaluation of the applicant companies by CBI experts on the above criteria and consultation with CBI partner organizations in each country.
*Large and foreign owned companies cannot be selected for the intensive programme, but are able to join the programme’s trainings free of charge, and join market entry activities at EU trade fairs against a participation fee.
Most costs will be financed by CBI. The following costs will have to be borne by participants:
- Flights and other travel expenses in case of European trade show participants (NB: except for the Market Orientation Mission, which will be fully financed by CBI)
- Domestic travel expenses in case of training outside your city of residence.
In Jordan, CBI will work closely with (amongst others) the Garment Alliance and its individual members, with the support of local co-ordinator Competence Management Consulting (CMC).
Furthermore, the project will have synergies with ongoing activities in projects from International Trade Centre (ITC), Netherlands Senior Experts (PUM), German international cooperation service provider (GIZ), and The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).
Please click here to apply for this programme, and/or visit the opening workshop of CBI in Amman, scheduled on the 15th of April 2019. For more information on times and venue, please contact CBI’s local co-ordinator Mr. Adnan Ziadat (email@example.com) or Mrs. Jumana Musharbash (firstname.lastname@example.org).