Online Panel Discussion: Product Development in CBT - Inspiring Practices from around the world
Join the CBI webinar on Community-Based Tourism. In our previous CBI webinars we talked you through the process of how to get started developing new tourism products. Community-based tourism (CBT) is a niche market in which the community benefits directly from tourism revenues. But how do you create successful for this market?
The concept of CBT has shifted towards immersive experiences whereby the visitor engages first-hand with a community, and the opportunities are increasingly diverse. The number and range of CBT experiences is increasing throughout Asia, Africa and Latin America, and there are many associations working alongside communities to promote unique, authentic experiences to a broadening consumer base.
In this follow-on session our panel will be sharpening their skills to lead you through inspiring examples of CBT tourism from around the globe.
- Judy Kepher Gona Tourism Expert specialized in responsible tourism in Africa.
- Peter E. Richards Tourism Expert specialized in responsible tourism in Asia.
- Albert Postma Tourism Expert specialized in strategic foresight and scenario planning.
Tjalling de Boer, Market researcher Tourism Studies at Molgo will moderate the session.
- Get the latest insights from CBI’s tourism research.
- Lots of practical tips and ideas that will help you developing successful products!
- Take the opportunity to ask the expert panel all of your questions during the sessions.
Dates and registration
Session: Product Development in CBT - Inspiring Practices from around the world
• 5th of October 2020: 10:00 – 11:30 CSET
If you need any further information, please contact our program manager Market Intelligence, Mr Arthur Scheinhardt via the contact form.