IT Outsourcing Egypt
The European demand for information and communications technology (ITC) professionals is high. More and more European ICT companies are considering new markets for outsourcing their business. So, a growing number of service providers from the Middle East and North Africa, including Egypt, is targeting Europe.
Yet, Egypt's information technology (IT) sector has more potential to grow. The biggest opportunities are in innovative technologies and niche-specialised IT services. Also, inclusivity and sustainability bring opportunities for Egypt's IT sector.
In 2020, the Centre for the Promotion of Imports from developing countries (CBI) started the IT Outsourcing Egypt project. This project helps Egyptian small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to improve their market position in the European Union (EU). Also, the project aims to improve the ecosystem for IT SMEs by removing barriers and supporting Egypt's ITO sector.
This project aims to:
- Achieve an inclusive and sustainable ITO sector. This involves a sector that generates decent work opportunities for youth;
- Help stakeholders and enhance services delivery to improve the business environment for ITO services export;
- Help SMEs to access the EU market and establish strong links between EU markets and Egyptian ITO companies.
Project participants and products
19 companies are taking part in this export coaching project. All participating companies focus on application outsourcing. This includes services such as software support and custom application development.
Contact CBI to find out more or contact these exporters.
- Information Technology Industry Development Agency (ITIDA)
- Egyptian Information, Telecommunications, Electronics and Software Alliance (EITEISAL);
- International Labour Organisation (ILO);
- Chamber of Information Technology and Telecommunications (CIT);
- Nile University (NU)/NilePreneurs.
Get involved as an importer
Are you a European importer interested in IT outsourcing services from companies in Egypt? Contact CBI to get more information or to meet with suppliers in this project being trained to export to Europe.