Subcontracting South Africa
Duration: 2013 to 2017
- Automotive Parts and Components
- Machinery, Bolts and nuts, Sheet metal, Wire products, Water storage tanks, Filters, Press parts
- South Africa
Closed for applications
The goal of this export coaching programme is to help engineering companies in South Africa to export more of their products to Europe. This sector has a large potential for exports to Europe. Exports will help the businesses to grow, generating more income and creating more jobs.
This programme began in 2013 and will end in 2017. First, we selected and audited companies. The audits are meant to find out the strengths and weaknesses of each company regarding exports. Then we developed a training programme. For example, we have trained them in product development, export marketing and European legislation and market requirements.
Corporate social responsibility and gender are also important themes in this programme. Together with the participating companies we are working on better and safer working conditions and more environmental and gender awareness.
The goal of the programme is to help the participating companies enter the European market. Some of them have already done this successfully. They have exhibited at major European trade fairs, such as:
- Hannover Messe
- Fastener Fair (an international trade event for fastener and fixing technology)
- Global Automotive Components and Suppliers Expo (GACS)
Project participants and products
A total of 8 companies are taking part in this export coaching programme. They produce many different products: special-purpose machines; control valves; filter presses; prefabricated water and liquid storage reservoirs and systems; special bolts and nuts, U-bolts; wire products; sheet metal products.
Meet the participants
- You can contact CBI to find out more, or to get in touch with these exporters.
- Another possibility is to meet these potential suppliers at the next big trade fairs they will attend in Europe. For more information, contact CBI.
In this programme we are also working with several local experts. These South African experts are being equipped to offer the companies in this sector more and better export marketing services and support. They are assisting us in implementing the programme. And they are also receiving traning themselves in different areas, for example:
- How to identify promising export markets;
- How to offer more and better export services;
- Getting more and better knowledge of the European subcontracting market.
Get involved as an importer
Are you a European importer interested in subcontractors from South Africa? You can contact CBI to get more information, or to meet with these suppliers who are being trained to export to Europe.