Netherlands-Jordan Business Support Programme
* Application deadline
Are you a Jordanian SME, interested to do business with The Netherlands? Are you considering to export to Europe and recognise the Netherlands as your gateway to the European Union?
The Netherlands Jordan Business Support Program offers 8 Jordanian SMEs active in Agri-food, Oriental Sweets and Dead Sea products the opportunity to enrol for an extensive business support programme, providing professional coaching and support in the first steps to export to the Netherlands.
The program runs from March – November 2021 and offers participants to:
- Boost their export activities
- Learn about the Dutch and EU market entry, legislation and certification requirements.
- Participate in B2B Matchmaking via Micro-events.
Download the application form
(Application deadline 1 March 2021)
The Netherlands-Jordan Business Support Programme (BSP) aims to stimulate business cooperation between the Netherlands and Jordan. It aims to have a positive effect on bilateral trade and contributes to the private sector development in Jordan.
The BSP’s in both countries run parallel, from March – November 2021. It offers 8 Dutch and 8 Jordanian companies tailor-made support to strengthen their export activities in respectively Jordan and the Netherlands.
The programme supports participating companies from Jordan with ongoing individual export coaching, network expansion, export strategy development and a start of the market entry in the Netherlands, either as target market or as a gateway to the European market.
Based on the applications; a selection committee will select 8 Jordanian companies to participate in the program and enjoy extensive export coaching and support in their market entry to the Netherlands. Please be informed your application is thus not yet a confirmation you are eligible to join the programme. After the application deadline, the selection committee will announce 8 companies to enrol for the programme.
Each applicant will be informed personally by the organisation about the selection committee’s decision.
The programme is initiated by the Netherlands Enterprise Agency and Centre for the Promotion of Imports from Developing Countries (CBI) and carried out in close cooperation with Jordan Chamber of Industry (JCI) and other parties.
What can you expect from this CBI programme?
The program offers ongoing support to prepare the selected SMEs to do business in the Netherlands. The programme starts in March 2021 and will run until November 2021.
Over the scope of these 8 months, participating companies are provided with the following support:
- One-on-one coaching on doing business in the Netherlands aimed at your specific needs, by highly qualified experts;
- Assistance with developing your Export Marketing Plan;
- Training courses about specific subjects, such as business culture, marketing and promotions, industry regulations;
- Participation in the one-week Market Orientation Mission to The Netherlands;
- Assistance in preparation to and follow up from the Market Orientation Mission;
- Assistance in building a relevant local network
Who can participate in the programme?
Sector: Oriental Sweets, Dead Sea Products, Agri food
The following criteria apply:
- An enterprise that employs 5 to 250 people.
- Not a participant in any other related programme coordinated by CBI.
- Has experience in exporting (Not necessarily to the EU) or is almost ready-to-export to EU/Dutch market.
- At least 2 years of experience as an enterprise.
- No commitments that prohibit or limit export possibilities of products to the EU.
- Good command of the English language.
- Willing to contribute time to develop results as agreed with the consultation team as well as the willingness to provide them with the required data during the audit.
- Compliance or the willingness to comply with EU market requirements.
- Willingness and capacity to invest in adaptations of, for instance, product assortment and production processes, if and as required by the European market.
- Sufficient production capacity.
- Willing to contribute international travel costs (in case of visit to The Netherlands).
- Financially stable.
- Must fully complete the application form.
Selection of participants will take place based on an evaluation of the applicant companies by the selection committee on the above criteria and in consultation with CBI partner organisations.
What do we expect from our participants?
CBI and JCI are looking for ambitious and highly motivated SMEs that are:
- Pro-active with a flexible attitude;
- Fully committed to the activities and external coaching throughout the programme;
- Willing to participate with dedicated and qualified people in all CBI visits, workshops and trainings (please note that all activities will be in English);
- Sufficient time investment to the tailor-made action plan for your company;
- Willing to provide CBI and its partners with the company’s name, logo and achievements for promotion of the program.
All the above agreements will be part of a commitment letter between CBI and your company or cooperative.
Most costs of the programme will be financed by CBI, such as export training, workshops and individual coaching.
Interested companies can apply for the programme by completing the application form and sending it by email to: email@example.com as a word document.
Deadline for submission is 1 March 2021.