Moringa Burkina Faso
Do you have a moringa business in Burkina Faso? Are you interested in an improved market position in the European Union (EU)? The Netherlands Centre for the Promotion of Imports from developing countries (CBI) can help you. If you want an improved market position in the EU, CBI’s Natural Ingredients project offers you good opportunities:
- Find out which opportunities there are for your company on European and regional markets;
- Learn more about European requirements, legislation and certification;
- Learn everything you need to know to be a successful exporter;
- Get assistance from our sector experts;
- Exhibit at leading international trade fairs.
This project focuses on moringa. It aims to help with the transition of the natural ingredients sector in Burkina Faso to a sector with:
- more sustainable production;
- diversification of products; and
- a focus on different markets.
This will help the sector become resilient and sustainable.
What can you expect from this CBI project?
CBI offers technical assistance through a practical business export coaching project. This project is for (aspiring) exporting small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the moringa sector from Burkina Faso. CBI prepares your company with the skills and knowledge you need to enter the European market. The project includes:
- 5 years of company coaching by international and local specialists;
- Assistance with the creation of an international market strategy;
- Advice on what certification is suitable for your market entry strategy;
- Help to improve your responsible business behaviour;
- Help to develop a sustainable business model;
- Pilots to help combat soil degradation;
- Support with effective service delivery development;
- A market orientation mission to Europe;
- Participation in international trade fairs;
- Training on specific topics, such as trade fair participation and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Who can apply?
Country: Burkina Faso Sector: Natural Ingredients Products: Moringa leaf, powder, tea, oil and seeds.
You can apply for this project if your company meets these requirements:
- Type of company:
- SMEs, cooperatives and social enterprises with up to 250 employees;
- Offers products using moringa;
- At least 51% locally owned.
- No joint venture with a company based in a non-developing country;
- Meets or willing to meet EU market requirements;
- No licensing commitments that prohibit or limit the export of products to the EU;
- Competitive prices and sufficient production capacity;
- Management that can communicate in English.
What do we expect from you?
CBI is looking for ambitious and highly motivated SMEs that are:
- Pro-active and flexible;
- Fully committed to the activities and external coaching throughout the project;
- Willing to pay for costs related to activities. For example, part of the costs for trade fair participation and sustainability activities. CBI and its partners do not cover the costs of travelling, lodging and sending in samples;
- Willing to invest in improving CSR practices in their company;
- Willing to take part with dedicated and qualified people during all CBI visits, workshops and training sessions. Please note that all activities will be in English;
- Willing to invest time into the action plan made for their company;
- Committed to investing in the necessary changes to become successful in the European market and increase sustainability. Changes may apply to staff allocation, your products, production and export marketing;
- Willing to provide CBI and its partners with their company’s name, logo and achievements for promotion of the project;
- Willing to inform CBI about the company’s progress on export and sustainability. CBI will treat the provided information as confidential;
- Ambitious and motivated to take the next step with their company.
You do not have to pay a fee to take part in this project. CBI will finance most project costs. But, participants must pay for the following costs:
- Flights and other travel expenses for European trade show activities. Please note that CBI will cover the costs of the Market Orientation Mission;
- Domestic travel expenses if training sessions are outside your city.
The deadline for completing the application form was 30 November 2021.
For questions or more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if we select your company for the next phase in the application process.