Home Decoration & Home Textiles Myanmar
Duration: 2018 to 2023
- Home Decoration and Home Textiles
Closed for applications
Do you have a home decoration and/or home textile business in Myanmar? Are you interested in developing a sustainable export position on the European market? If you are, CBI’s Home Decoration & Home Textiles Myanmar project offers you good opportunities:
- Find out which opportunities there are for your company on the European markets;
- Learn more about requirements, legislation and certification;
- Learn everything you need to know to become a (more) successful exporter;
- Get support and assistance from our sector experts;
- Exhibit at a leading international trade fair in Europe like Ambiente, Maison et Objet, Heimtextil
The project starts in the last quarter of 2018 and will end in 2023. Before starting the programme we researched this sector. There is a strong trend in the Western world of striving for individuality and originality. The interest in new, more eco-friendly products and the increasing number of Western tourist attracted by the Southeast Asian culture are important trends that fit well to the supply potential of Myanmar. This creates great opportunities for producers of Home Decoration and Home textiles in Myanmar. The main goal of this CBI project is to help the home decoration and home textile sector in Myanmar to improve its export position on the European market by taking away export marketing related bottlenecks.
What can you expect from this CBI project?
Coaching and training by different international and local sector specialists on subjects like:
- More year coaching and training on export capacity building by highly qualified CBI experts
- Assistance with developing your company specific European Market Strategy
- Assistance in what certification is suitable to your market entry strategy and coaching to obtain the certification you need
- Assistance with CSR implementation
- Participation in suitable European trade fair(s)
- Participation in a European market orientation mission
- Market Testing of your products
- Training on Market Consolidation after the trade fairs and export marketing mission
What do we expect from our participants?
- A pro-active and flexible attitude
- Commitment to the activities and external coaching throughout the project
- Commitment and sufficient time investment to the tailor made action plan for your company
- Willingness and ability to invest in your company and in international market entry, both in terms of staff allocation and in necessary adaptations of your products, production and export marketing.
This concerns, among others, part of the costs of the trade fair participation which are not covered by CBI and its partners like cost of traveling, lodging, sending samples etc). More detailed estimation of investment required will be discussed with the company during the company assessment/selection phase since this is company specific.
Who can apply?
Sector: Home Decoration and Home Textiles
Eligible products: Rattan and woodware products (storage, kitchen and table-ware, home accessories, home office, small furniture) and non-rattan products for the premium market segment incl. silverware, horsehair/bamboo, wood/porcelain, silk weaving (home-accessories, tableware, carpets).
Company requirements: You can apply for this programme if your company meets these requirements:
- At least 51% locally owned
- 5 to 500 employees
- No joint venture with a company based in a country with a classification of UMIC or higher
- Compliance or the willingness to comply with EU market requirements
- No licensing commitments that prohibit or limit export possibilities of products to the EU
- Competitive prices and sufficient production capacity
- Management which is able to communicate in English
- Willingness and capacity to invest in adaptations of, for instance, product assortment and production processes, if and as required by the European Market
- No commitment fee has to be paid.
 When you have in-house production, your company should have at least 25 employees.
Our main partners in this programme are:
- Myanmar Rattan and Bamboo Entrepreneurs Association (MRBEA); Myanmar Arts and Crafts Association (MACA), Myanmar Lacquerware Enterprises Association (MLEA) and Myantrade.