Home Decoration & Home Textiles Cambodia
Do you have a home decoration and/or home textile business in Cambodia? Are you interested in developing a sustainable export position on the European market? If you are, CBI’s Home Decoration & Home Textiles Cambodia project offers you good opportunities:
- Find out which opportunities there are for your company on the European markets;
- Learn more about requirements, legislation and certification;
- Learn everything you need to know to become a (more) successful exporter;
- Get support and assistance from our sector experts;
- Exhibit at a leading international trade fair in Europe like Ambiente, Maison et Objet, Heimtextil
The project starts in the last quarter of 2018 and will end in 2023. Before starting the programme we researched this sector. There is a strong trend in the Western world of striving for individuality and originality. The interest in new, more eco-friendly products and the increasing number of Western tourist attracted by the Southeast Asian culture are important trends that fit well to the supply potential of Cambodia. This creates great opportunities for producers of home decoration and home textiles in Cambodia. The main goal of this CBI project is to help the home decoration and home textile sector in Cambodia to improve its export position on the European market by taking away export marketing related bottlenecks.
What can you expect from this CBI project?
- More year coaching and training on export capacity building by highly qualified CBI experts.
- Assistance with developing your company specific European Market Strategy.
- Assistance in what certification is suitable to your market entry strategy and coaching to obtain the certification you need.
- Assistance with CSR implementation.
- Participation in suitable European trade fair(s).
- Participation in a European market orientation mission.
- Market Testing of your products.
- Training on Market Consolidation after the trade fairs and export marketing mission.
What do we expect from our participants?
- A pro-active and flexible attitude.
- Commitment to the activities and external coaching throughout the project.
- Commitment and sufficient time investment to the tailor made action plan for your company.
- Willingness and ability to invest in your company and in international market entry, both in terms of staff allocation and in necessary adaptations of your products, production and export marketing.
This concerns, among others, part of the costs of the trade fair participation which are not covered by CBI and its partners like cost of traveling, lodging, sending samples etc). More detailed estimation of investment required will be discussed with the company during the company assessment/selection phase since this is company specific.
Who can apply?
Sector: Home Decoration and Home Textiles
Eligible products: All types of Home Decoration and Home textiles, but emphasis will be laid on silk, rattan, recycled and general handicraft products.
Company requirements: You can apply for this programme if your company meets these requirements:
- At least 51% locally owned.
- 5 to 500 employees.
- No joint venture with a company based in a country with a classification of UMIC or higher
- Compliance or the willingness to comply with EU market requirements.
- No licensing commitments that prohibit or limit export possibilities of products to the EU.
- Competitive prices and sufficient production capacity.
- Management which is able to communicate in English.
- Willingness and capacity to invest in adaptations of, for instance, product assortment and production processes, if and as required by the European Market.
- No commitment fee has to be paid.
 When you have in-house production, your company should have at least 25 employees.
The Artisans Association of Cambodia (AAC), Angkor Handicraft Association (AHA), Rattan association of Cambodia (RAC) , the Handicraft-Silk business alliance of Cambodia (H-SBAC) and the Cambodian Women entrepreneurs (CWEA) are non-profit organisations. Their goal is to improve (inter-) national competitiveness for their respective sector through providing technical and information services and enhancing business-wise dealing between all stakeholders in the home textiles and home decoration sectors. Furthermore, we will work closely with the Cambodian ministries of Industry and Handicraft (MoIH), Ministery of Commerce (MoC), Ministery of Women’s Affiars (MoWa) and the Ministery of Labor and Vocational Training (MoLVT) and the World Fair trade Organisation (WFTO).