Fish and Seafood Programme Senegal
Duration: 2019 to 2023
- Fish and Seafood
Open for applications! ** Deadline: 30 June, 2019
Do you have a Fish and Seafood business in Senegal? Are you interested in developing a sustainable export position on the European market? If you are, CBI’s Fish and Seafood project Senegal offers you good opportunities:
- Find out which opportunities there are for your company on the European markets;
- Learn more about requirements, legislation and certification;
- Learn everything you need to know to become a (more) successful exporter;
- Get support and assistance from our sector experts;
- Exhibit at a leading international trade fair in Europe like SEAFOOD EXPO Brussels.
Please click here to apply for this programme
(You can apply until 30 June, 2019)
The project starts in the summer of 2019 and will end in 2023. Before starting the programme we researched this sector. The European market for fish is growing significantly and offers great opportunities for suppliers. An increasing number of European consumers is elevating their consumption of Fish. Senegal has competitive advantages as a supplier of fish, particularly because of its relatively high quality, potential for further improvement and the story there is to tell. There is a lot of opportunity in developing market demand for Senegalese Fish. This creates great opportunities for fish and seafood companies from Senegal. The main goal of this CBI project is to help the fish and seafood sector to improve its export position on the European market by taking away export marketing related bottlenecks.
What can you expect from a CBI project?
- More year company coaching by different international and local Fish specialists;
- Training and coaching on:
- EU market segments, market developments and EU legal and buyer requirements;
- Your product readiness, market proposition and your supporting internal processes;
- Market entry preparation, participation and follow-up.
- Assistance in what certification is suitable to your market entry strategy and coaching to obtain the certification you need;
- Assistance with implementation of social and environmental improvements, including youth employment and gender equality;
- Invitations to join in the Senegal booth at international trade fairs like SEAFOOD EXPO Brussels;
- An Export Market Awareness Mission to the European market early in the programme.
We will pay special attention as well to Marketing & promotion & branding of the Senegal Fish sector and on establishing a EU Fish Trade community.
What do we expect from our participants?
- A pro-active and flexible attitude;
- Commitment to the activities and external coaching throughout the programme;
- Commitment and sufficient time investment to the tailor made action plan for your company;
- Ambition and motivation to take the next step with your company;
- Willingness and ability to invest in your company and in international market entry. This concerns, among others, part of the costs of the trade fair participation which are not covered by CBI and its partners like cost of traveling, lodging, sending samples etc. More detailed estimation of investment required will be discussed with the company during the company assessment/selection phase since this is company specific;
- Commitment to share with us on a yearly basis your EU export growth and employment growth.
Who can apply?
Sector: Fish and Seafood
Eligible products: The focus is on commercially interesting species for the EU market including aqua cultured fish and excludes fish species on the endangered list (including sardinellas). Fish meal and fish oil products only when proven sustainable sourcing takes place..
Company requirements: You can apply for this programme if your company meets these requirements:
- At least 51% locally owned.
- 25 to 500 employees.
- No joint venture with a company based in a country with a classification of UMIC or higher
- Compliance or the willingness to comply with EU market requirements.
- No licensing commitments that prohibit or limit export possibilities of products to the EU.
- Competitive prices and sufficient production capacity.
- Management which is able to communicate in English.
- Willingness and capacity to invest in adaptations of, for instance, product assortment and production processes, if and as required by the European Market.
- No commitment fee has to be paid.
For more details on company requirements please download the project brochure.
We will be working closely with the Ministery of Fisheries and Maritime Economy , the Ministry of Trade, the Export promotion Agency (ASEPEX), the Association of Exporting Traders of Fish and Seafood (UPAMES), and the Association of Ship owners and Fish industry of Senegal (GAIPES) to develop the sector further.
You can apply until 30 June, 2019.