Export Project Natural Ingredients Indonesia
Globally, consumer demand is growing for natural ingredients like seaweed, essential oils and plant extracts. These ingredients are used in food and cosmetic products. Indonesia is one of the biggest producers and exporters of natural ingredients. This industry provides an important source of income and employment for the country.
CBI, ministries, sector associations and the Import Promotion Desk (IPD) are working together to carry out a 5-year project. This project supports the sustainable economic transition of the Indonesian natural ingredients industry. The project will help the industry:
- Develop new products;
- Add value; and
- Meet European Union (EU) buyer requirements, such as high quality and sustainability.
Programme Manager Marije Klomp adds, “Sustainability is important for CBI. We want companies to include social responsibility in every part of their business. With this project. we will support the sector, improve traceability and contribute to communities and the environment. It is very motivating to work with seaweed, as seaweed is a good source of CO2 absorption.”
This project will provide:
- Export coaching to SMEs through Indonesian and international export coaches;
- Support to the Indonesian Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Maritime Affairs and Fisheries.
- Support to 4 sector associations.
Project partners include:
- The Indonesian Ministry of Industry;
- The Indonesian Ministry of Trade;
- The Indonesian Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries;
- DAI (Dewan Atsiri Indonesia);
- GP Jamu (Association of Herbs & Traditional Pharmaceutical Producers);
- IDP (Import Promotion Desk);
- Perkosmi; and
- SIPPO Indonesia (Swiss Import Promotion Programme).
We will also work with other partners to develop the natural ingredients sector in Indonesia. We will focus on enhancing sector collaboration and helping organisations improve and develop relevant trade services.
During this project we will carry out activities that focus on:
- Supporting sector collaboration;
- Export coaching business cases;
- Marketing and market access;
- Policy and tool development for traceability and sustainability;
- Business Support Organisation service delivery;
- Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) and Novel Food; and
- Research and development.
29 companies are taking part in this business export coaching project.
Name of Company
Contact CBI to find out more about these exporters or to contact them.
Get involved as an importer
Are you a European importer interested in natural ingredients from Indonesia? Contact us to get more information or to meet with the suppliers in this project who are being trained to export to Europe.
Questions about this project
If you have any questions about this project, please email us.