* Application deadline
Do you have an apparel-producing or tier-1 company in Morocco? Are you interested in transitioning to sustainable production practices? And do you want an improved market position in the European Union (EU)? The Centre for the Promotion of Imports from developing countries (CBI) can help you. CBI's Apparel Morocco project offers you good opportunities:
- Find out which opportunities there are for your company in the European markets;
- Learn more about European requirements, legislation and certification;
- Learn everything you need to know to be a successful exporter;
- Get assistance from our sector experts;
- Exhibit at leading international trade fairs.
Application deadline: 18 February 2024
This project will run from 2024 to 2028. It aims to ensure value-added and economically viable business models within the Moroccan apparel sector. This transition involves:
- Moroccan companies lowering their CO2 footprint and producing added-value, economically viable apparel via circular production techniques;
- Moroccan companies actively working towards transparent and locally sourced value chains;
- Moroccan companies carrying out marketing strategies aimed at EU sustainability-requiring markets.
What can you expect from this CBI project?
CBI offers technical assistance through a practical business export coaching project. CBI prepares your company with the skills and knowledge needed to enter the European market for sustainable products. The project includes:
- One-on-one, multiple-year coaching for you and your staff. Highly qualified CBI experts provide this coaching. It is aimed at your specific needs and focuses on decarbonisation, circularity and sustainable production processes;
- Training courses on specific subjects, such as decarbonisation, market access requirements and certification;
- Individual support to help you adapt to meet higher sustainability standards;
- Help to develop an export marketing strategy/plan;
- Advice on which certification is suitable to your market entry strategy;
- Help to speed up your company's decarbonisation transition, promotion of circular production models and locally-sourced product chains.
- Help with the development and implementation of a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) action plan;
- The opportunity to collaborate with EU buyers on carbon and circular production;
- Participation in a market orientation mission to Europe;
- Advice and guidance on preparing for leading international trade fairs or other B2B matchmaking activities.
Who can apply?
This project is for companies active in the Moroccan apparel sector. Tier 1 companies (weaving/knitting or dyeing and finishing companies) not yet exporting are also welcome to apply. Women-led companies are specifically encouraged to apply.
You can apply for this project if your company meets the following requirements:
- Type of company:
- 50-750 employees;
- At least 51% locally owned.
- No joint venture with a company based in a non-developing country;
- Management that can communicate in English;
- No licensing commitments that prohibit or limit exports to the EU;
- Competitive prices and sufficient production capacity;
- Meets or is willing to meet EU market requirements;
- Willing and able to invest in changes necessary for the EU market for sustainable products.
What do we expect from you?
CBI is looking for ambitious and highly motivated SMEs that are:
- Fully committed to the activities throughout the project;
- Willing to take part with dedicated and qualified people during all CBI visits, workshops and training sessions;
- Eager to actively learn about decarbonisation, circularity, environmentally friendly materials, CSR and market entry strategies;
- Able and willing to lower their CO2 footprint;
- Willing to inform CBI about the company's progress on exports and sustainability;
- Capable and willing to create a circular collection (in co-creation with an EU importer);
- Committed to investing in the necessary changes to become successful in the European market and increase sustainability. Changes may apply to staff allocation, your products, production and export marketing;
- Willing and able to cover costs related to market entry activities, among other things.
- Willing to share information and lessons learnt with the wider Moroccan sector stakeholders (including other companies);
- Willing to provide CBI and its partners with their company's name, logo and achievements for the promotion of the project.
You do not have to pay a fee to take part in this project. CBI will finance most project-related costs. Participants must pay for the following costs:
- Investments to meet international export and sustainability requirements. These include, for example, new machinery, extra staff, auditing for certification, new websites and marketing material.
- Flights, accommodation and other travel expenses for international trade show activities within the project.
- Domestic travel expenses if training sessions are outside your city.
- The Netherlands Embassy in Rabat
For questions or more information about this project, please contact us at email@example.com.