Apparel, Home Textiles & Textiles Egypt
* Application deadline 8 December 2022
Do you produce apparel, home textiles or textile products in Egypt? Are you searching for the best approach to market your products? And do you want to learn how to meet the demand of European buyers? The Netherlands Centre for the Promotion of Imports from developing countries (CBI) can assist you.
The CBI Apparel, Home Textiles & Textiles Egypt project offers you good opportunities:
- Identify opportunities for your company in the European markets;
- Learn more about European sustainability requirements, legislation and certification;
- Learn about sustainable business practices, e-commerce, and digitalisation;
- Learn about sourcing, design and product development;
- Learn about diversification and new business models;
- Get on-site support from our team of sector experts;
- Connect with new buyers through our international matchmaking events.
Application deadline: 8 December 2022
This project focuses on increasing the potential of the Egyptian apparel, home textile and textile sectors in the EU market. It aims to support the transition to a higher quality, more competitive and inclusive sector with:
- Long-term positioning;
- Preparation for future competitiveness for the sector’s small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs);
- More value addition (quality and sustainability) and diversification;
- Support in the transition to a sector that is resilient and socially and environmentally conscious; and
- New business models and innovative production practices.
Now is the time to boost the Egyptian supply chain. The European market for sustainable products is growing fast, offering good opportunities in mid and higher-end markets. Egypt is uniquely positioned as it has a long history of supplying quality products and has good opportunities for near-shoring.
What can you expect from this CBI project?
CBI offers technical assistance through a practical business export coaching project. This project is for SMEs in the apparel, home textiles and textiles sector in Egypt. CBI prepares your company with the skills and knowledge you need to enter the European market.
The project includes:
- 4 years of company coaching on sustainable business practices. CBI experts provide coaching focused on your specific needs;
- Training on market access requirements, product development, and sourcing. Training on digitalisation and developing a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy and plan;
- Support to develop an export marketing plan;
- Advice on what certification is suitable for your market entry strategy;
- Coaching on certification;
- Support to implement your CSR action plan;
- Market orientation mission to Europe;
- Participation in leading international (EU) trade fairs or other activities focused on market entry and matchmaking;
- Workshops on market consolidation after the trade fairs and matchmaking missions.
Who can apply?
Sub-sectors: Apparel, home textiles and textiles
Products: Apparel, home textiles and textiles
You can apply for this project if your company meets the following requirements:
- Type of company:
- 50 - 750 employees;
- Manufacturer of apparel, home textiles or textiles;
- At least 51% locally owned;
- No joint venture with an organisation based in a non-developing country;
- Management that can communicate in English;
- No licensing commitments that prohibit or limit exports to the EU;
- Competitive prices and sufficient production capacity;
- Meets or is willing to meet the requirements of the EU market;
- Willing to focus on the EU market for sustainable products.
What do we expect from you?
CBI is looking for ambitious and highly motivated manufacturers that are:
- Pro-active and flexible;
- Fully committed to the activities and external coaching throughout the project;
- Willing to take part with dedicated and qualified people during all CBI visits, workshops and training sessions. Please note that all activities will be in English;
- Eager to learn about the topics discussed during individual support sessions, workshops and courses;
- Willing to invest time into the project. This includes visits to the EU, preparation of an export marketing plan and Corporate Social Responsibility plan;
- Committed to investing in the necessary changes to become successful in the EU market. Changes may apply to staff allocation, products, production and export marketing;
- Willing to pay for costs related to project activities. For example, part of the costs for trade fair participation and sustainability activities. CBI and its partners do not cover the costs of travelling, lodging and sending samples;
- Willing to provide CBI and its partners with the company’s name, logo, achievements and the details of new business contacts for promotion of the project;
- Willing to inform CBI about the company’s progress on export, inclusivity and sustainability. CBI will treat the provided information as confidential.
All these agreements will be part of a commitment letter between CBI and your company.
- Ministry of Trade and Industry of Egypt (MTI)
- Apparel Export Council Of Egypt (AECEGY)
- Textiles & Home Textiles Export Council Of Egypt (THTEC)
The deadline for completing the application form is 8 December 2022.
For questions or more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.