Webinar: Opportunities in the Dutch and German fresh fruit and vegetable markets
Germany and the Netherlands have close ties regarding importing high-quality fruit and vegetables. Germany imports 12.6 billion euros of fresh fruit and vegetables, making it Europe's largest market for this sector. And most of the supply passes through the Netherlands, the main trade hub in Europe. Exporters that want to do business with these countries must take into account strict buyer requirements.
During this webinar, we will discuss market developments and trends in the Dutch and German markets. We will also look at the development of specific products and the high standards buyers expect. We will address the following questions:
- How are the Dutch and German markets developing?
- Which fruits and vegetables offer opportunities?
- Which trends offer opportunities?
- What must you do to become a suitable supplier for these markets?
This webinar is for entrepreneurs and business support organisations active in the fresh fruit and vegetable sector and interested in exporting to the European market.
- 15:00 – 15:05: Opening remarks and introduction by Thomas Vonk.
- 15:05 – 15:20: Fresh trade in Germany and the Netherlands in statistics by Michel Peperkamp
- 15:20 – 15:35: Trends and developments that impact Dutch and German demand by Dana Chahin
- 15:35 – 15:45: Quick questions and answers.
- 15:45 – 16:00: Recommendations from an importer (guest speaker to be confirmed)
- 16:00 – 16:15: Panel discussion/questions and answers.
Thomas Vonk will host this webinar. Thomas is the CBI Programme Manager Market Intelligence for the fresh fruit and vegetable sector. Presenters include:
Dana Chahin, market specialist
Dana has worked as a consultant, trainer and researcher in international trade promotion for over 10 years. She works as a fresh produce matchmaking consultant for the German Import Promotion Desk and has coached several companies to enter the European market successfully. Gender equality is her passion, and she was recently appointed as a new member of the board of directors of Global Women Fresh. Dana is also the author of various CBI fresh fruit and vegetable studies.
Michel Peperkamp, market specialist at ICI Business
Michel is an export consultant in the fresh food and food ingredient industry. He has guided trade missions and helped fresh fruit and vegetable companies look for new European markets. He is passionate about tropical fruits such as avocado and mango and has provided CBI with market intelligence on these products and more for over 8 years.
We will announce our guest speaker soon.
Join us for this webinar on 17 October 2023 at 15:00 – 16:15 CEST.
For more information, please see our FAQ or contact us via the contact form.