Home Textiles Laos
Duration: 2018 to 2024
- Home Decoration and Home Textiles
Closed for applications
Do you have a Home Textiles business in Laos? Are you interested in exporting to different international markets? If you are, CBI’s Home Textiles Laos project offers you good opportunities:
- Find out which opportunities there are for your company on the European markets;
- Learn more about requirements, legislation and certification;
- Learn everything you need to know to be a successful exporter;
- Get support and assistance from our sector expert;
- Exhibit at a leading international trade fairs, like Ambiente, Maison et Objet, Heimtextil.
The programme began in 2018 and will end in 2024. Before starting the programme we researched this sector. There is a strong trend in the Western world of striving for individuality and originality. The interest in new, more eco-friendly products and the increasing number of Western tourists attracted by the Southeast-Asian culture are important trends that fit well to the supply potential of Laos. This creates great opportunities for Laotian producers of Home textiles. The main goal of this CBI project is to help the home textile sector in Laos to improve its export position on the European market by taking away export marketing related bottlenecks.
What can you expect from a CBI project?
- More year coaching and training on export capacity building by highly qualified CBI experts;
- Assistance with developing your company specific European Market Strategy;
- Assistance in what certification is suitable to your market entry strategy and coaching to obtain the certification you need;
- Assistance with CSR implementation;
- Participation in suitable European trade fair(s);
- Participation in a European market orientation mission;
- Market Testing of your products;
- Training on Market Consolidation after the trade fairs and export marketing mission.
What do we expect from our participants?
- A pro-active and flexible attitude;
- Commitment to the activities and external coaching for 5 years;
- Commitment and sufficient time investment to the tailor made action plan for your company;
- Ambition and motivation to take the next step with your company;
- Willingness and ability to invest in your company and in international market entry, both in terms of staff allocation and in necessary adaptations of your products, production and export marketing.
This concerns, among others, part of the costs of the trade fair participation which are not covered by CBI and its partners like cost of traveling, lodging, sending samples etc). More detailed estimation of investment required will be discussed with the company during the company assessment/selection phase since this is company specific.
Who can apply?
Sector: Home Textiles
Eligible products: Home textile products, the main focus will be on cotton and silk products
Company requirements: You can apply for this programme if your company meets the following requirements:
- At least 51% locally owned;
- 5 to 100 employees;
- No joint venture with a company based in a country with a classification of UMIC or higher;
- Compliance or the willingness to comply with EU market requirements;
- No licensing commitments that prohibit or limit export possibilities of products to the EU;
- Competitive prices and sufficient production capacity;
- Management which is able to communicate in English;
- Willingness and capacity to invest in adaptations of, for instance, product assortment and production processes, if and as required by the European Market;
No commitment fee has to be paid.
Our main partners in this programme are:
- Lao Handicraft Association (LHA) and Luang Prabang Handicraft Association (LPHA) are non-profit organisations. Their goal is to improve (inter-) national competitiveness for their respective sector through providing technical and information services and enhancing business-wise dealing between all stakeholders in the home textiles & home decoration sectors.
- Furthermore we will work closely with the Ministry of Industry and Commerce;
Lao National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LNCCI); Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry; Ministry of Labour; Department of Labour Development; Ministry of Education, Department of Vocational Training.