European Tender for Business Export Coaching in the cocoa sector in Sierra Leone and Liberia
We invite cocoa consultants that will provide export coaching and training to SMEs in Sierra Leone and Liberia to participate in our tender.
Description of the project
This assignment is a parallel project to the Netherlands Trust Fund (NTF) Programme, which is implemented by the International Trade Centre (ITC) in Geneva. CBI and ITC have a long history of cooperation. This cooperation has been embodied in a series of 4-year programmes, called the Netherlands Trust Fund (NTF). The NTF is currently in its fourth stage, and therefore it is referred to as ‘NTF IV’.
The project aims to develop an inclusive and sustainable cocoa value chain in Sierra Leone and Liberia, by connecting Liberian and Sierra Leonean cocoa exporters with European importers of cocoa. To this end, the NTF IV programme and the CBI parallel project seek to rebuild and reinforce the productive and trade capacities across the cocoa value chain in Sierra Leone and Liberia.
Most CBI integrated projects aim to achieve sustainable exports to the European market, competent SME exporters, CSR compliance, and an export enabling environment for SMEs in developing countries. Each CBI project also aims to achieve project specific results, depending on the needs in the value chain.
Project targets include for instance:
- 20 SMEs report export growth to European markets
- 20 SMEs developed the Corporate Social Responsibility Roadmap
- 24 SMEs have a completed Export Marketing Plan
- 24 SMEs participate in EU market entry activities
Scope of the assignment
We implement our projects on both a business level and an institutional level. The scope of this tender assignment is limited to the business level and includes Business Export Coaching:
- coach SMEs to have their internal and product processes comply with European market standards, including the OECD guide lines
- enable SMEs to bring their tailor-made export strategy to the European market
- enable SMEs to build and maintain a network on the European market
This invitation to tender has been divided into two (2) lots, one for Sierra Leone and one for Liberia.
Each lot, depending on the number participants selected for the project and their needs, represents an approximate value of €170.000,- (ex VAT).
The estimated value is an indication from which no rights can be derived. This Tender Document was created using up-to-date knowledge and insights valid at the time of its formulation.
Each lot is tendered of a period of 3 years, including a unilateral option for the Tendering authority to extend the contract maximum 2 times by 1 year.
Download the tender documentation
- You can download the tender documentation via the Documentation page of TenderNed.
- As a first step, download the document “Tender document Business Export Coach Cocoa Sierra Leone and Liberia” and read it carefully.
How to apply
- Submitting a tender and obtaining the necessary documents is done fully online and can only be done via the Dutch government’s online tendering system TenderNed (https://www.tenderned.nl).
- To submit your tender you have to register your company at TenderNed first.
- For companies located outside of the Netherlands we recommend the manual TenderNed: Six steps to bidding for public procurement contracts.
- The Tender can be submitted in Dutch or English.
- To facilitate your application we have created an easy to use checklist, which will help you during the submission of your tender. You’ll find it in chapter 7 of the Tenderdocument.
- The following links take you directly to the tender publication: TenderNed.
- We advise you to start the TenderNed registration process immediately rather than delaying it until the tendering period is coming to a close.
•Any questions about the tendering process and content of the tender can be sent to CBI via TenderNed until 2-4-2019, 13:00 p.m. CET. Please note all questions collected during the questions period will be answered and published in anonymous form via TenderNed, ultimately on 11-4-2019.
•If you have any functional or technical questions regarding TenderNed, you can contact the TenderNed service desk on weekdays between 08:30 and 18:00 on 0800-8363376 or via firstname.lastname@example.org