Call for expert on institutional collaboration, sector export plan development and online community building.
The Centre for the Promotion of Imports from developing countries (CBI) is an agency of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands. As part of its mission to contribute to sustainable economic development in developing countries through the expansion of exports from these countries, it coaches companies and associations in finding sustainable export opportunities in the European Union.) For more information about CBI see www.cbi.eu.
For our Fish and Seafood project in Senegal CBI is seeking an expert (or consortium of two experts) to be instrumental in the eestablishment of a platform with a representation of at least 8 different stakeholder groups that meets regularly and has a self governing mechanism. It should lead to the development of an Senegalese export marketing Plan with clear interventions that will benefit all exporting companies.
Next to that the expert shall bring expertise and organise the development of an online and off-line community on EU Fish trade in Senegal. The goal of the community is to create trust amongst the members, involve youth from the sector and to provide a greenfield for the development of new ideas to improve the value chain including access to finance, CSR initiatives etc.
The qualifications required for the Expert are as follows:
- At least 3 years experience in institutional development and building sector platforms in Africa
- Experience with setting up a financially sustainable online community
- At least 5 years experience in facilitating the development of sector marketing plans
- Proven fluency in French both in speaking as well as writing
- Experience in the fish sector an asset
- Strong intercultural and facilitative skills
- Availability to travel several times to Senegal between August 2019 and May-2020
Terms of Service
On project basis; contract per activity;
For more information, please contact Margot Lobbezoo at email@example.com.
Please submit your CV, an introduction letter explaining your qualifications (as per the above requirements), and an indication of your daily consultancy fee to the above mentioned person.
Deadline for submitting: 5 june 2019.